My career is not just a job, it is a passion. I love aviation, aviation history, and believe firmly in opening aviation to our future generations to ensure that our great culture in aviation continues into the future. My passion and knowledge in aviation has been reinforced by my degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, my experience as an Airport Operations Supervisor, and my experience as a member of the management team of the Aviation Roundup Air Show.
Minden-Tahoe Airport, Minden, NV
February 2011 - Present
Airport Operations Supervisor
- Hosted the 2015 Aviation Roundup Air Show with the United States Air Force Thunderbirds. Weekend attendance was over 30,000 spectators, with eight aerial acts, over a dozen static display aircraft, and over thirty vendors.
- Implemented new Automated Weather Observation System at the airport, enabling METARs for the airport.
- Designed and installed a Live ATC feed, streaming the airport's UNICOM to enable listening anywhere in the world.
- Manage daily operations of airport.
- Act as liaison to the public and conduct public relations for airport.
- Prepare and maintain reports for Airport Director.
- Plan and execute special events at the airport.
- Conduct research and plan for capital improvements on airport property.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and county regulations.
- Monitor airport frequencies to ensure safety.
- Prepare reports and presentations for Douglas County Board of County Commissioners.
- Plan, organize, and manage the Aviation Roundup Airshow.
Indian Hills General Improvement District (GID), Indian Hills, NV
January 2013 - Present
Board of Trustess - Chairman
- Represent the interests of the citizens of Indian Hills General Improvement District.
- Represent the district as an ambassador to the Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility in the management team of the district.
- Work with the GID's attorney and engineer to make the best decisions for district projects and business.
GTG Packaging, Reno, NV
January 2010 - January 2011
Purchasing Agent / IT Manager
- Corrected company's inventory system bringing functionality to 100%.
- Corrected and accounted for major inventory errors present in company when I started.
- Implemented new servers and phone system, increasing productivity in the company.
- Purchased company's inventory for distribution.
- Managed logistics of inventory moving from vendor to customer.
- Responsible for the IT of the company including servers, workstations, and network.
- Negotiated costs of inventory and transportation of inventory.
- Provided weekly and monthly reports to management.
- Maintained inventory levels at minimums to meet customer demand while keeping company overhead low.
Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority, Reno, NV
May 2005 - December 2008
Mail Services Supervisor
- Acted as liaison for company's internal and external customers, providing inventory, shipping, and logistics solutions.
- In first year of employment, negotiated contracts saving over 50% on the department's budget for shipping and receiving.
- Continuously kept department's expenses below annual budget while maintaining or improving productivity.
- Responsible for the development of department annual budget.
- Supervised staff of clerks including training and reviews.
- Planned and executed the logistics of the company's inventory.
- Maintained inventory levels as needed.
- Active in the planning for the company, providing logistical support for the company's missions.
55th Postal Company , APO AE 09169, Giessen, Germany
October 2001 - May 2005
- Awarded for service.
- Promoted at fastest pace available.
- Maintained 100% regulation compliance in community mail rooms through guidance and inspections.
- Maintained a stock of money and high-value postal items.
- Provided customer care to postal customers, giving advice and direction on the proper procedures of mailing through an Army Post Office.
- As Accountable Mail Clerk, was responsible for the operation and security of the accountable mail office, handling very high-value and classified mail.
- Inspected local community mail rooms to ensure compliance with Army, Department of Defense, and United States Postal Service regulations and procedures.
- Ensured the timeliness, security, and dispatching of vehicles transporting United States mail throughout Germany.
United States Army Corps of Engineers, Giessen Army Post, Giessen, Germany
November 1991 - October 2001
Combat Engineer Squad Leader
- Decorated numerous times for duty and leadership.
- Selected by commander to command company rear detachment.
- Successfully completed multiple deployments with company maintaining 100% accountability for men, equipment, and supplies.
- Managed a squad of up to 10 soldiers in combat and peace keeping operations. Responsible for all aspects of training, supply, and welfare.
- As rear detachment commander, managed company's headquarters while company was deployed to Kosovo. Handled the logistics of processing supplies and soldiers and moving them from Germany to the forward deployed company in Kosovo.
- As supply clerk was responsible for the logistics of ordering supplies and ammunition and moving these items to the company's current deployment.
- Maintained accountability of all soldiers in squad to include training, welfare, equipment, and readiness needs such as medical and dental. Always maintained a 100% combat readiness.
- Served at Unit Armorer, managing the company's armory. Ensured the readiness and maintenance of company's weapon systems and sensitive / high-security items.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fallon, NV
Bachelor of Science in Professional Aeronautics
Minor in Management
July 2007 - April 2010
Magna Cum Laude - 3.83 GPA
Phi Theta Kapp Honor Society
Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
Please note: I earned my 4 year degree in 2 years and 9 months. I did this by maintaining a constant full-time or above class load while also working full-time.
Very proficient in German language - speaking, reading, and writing.
Served as a Trustee on the Reno Air Racing Foundation board of Trustees.
Served as Chairman on the Board of the Astronomical Society of Nevada.
Currently earning private pilot certificate.
Certified PADI Master Scuba Diver and PADI Rescue Diver.
Amateur Astronomer - Asto-photographer.